I was asked to make a birthday card for a little chap who’s birthday is on Halloween. Our sponsor over at the Crafty Bloggers Network this month is Stitchy Bear digital stamps and I found this really cool little guy to work with:
and I LOVE it! There is so much detail in this stamp it is Gorgeous with a capital G. I can see me making a lot of cards with this one.
I used the stamp with black archival ink and embossed it with clear powder then I created the scene with distress inks and masks and this months NDC stamp (they are mega useful too).
Ginas Designs First Sketch Challenge
Hi bloggers, here is a project I made with all the little scraps from my typography papers as the background to the canvas (Hels Sheridan calls it paper blocking and I love the idea, thanks Hels). I used the Typography stamps to add some more interest to the background. The paper roses are made using spellbinders and Marianne dies. The pen is from one of the Typography stamp sets, stamped in black and embossed with clear embossing powder.
I am going to be doing a class on this one in February over at Cullen Crafts.
This month’s theme over on the Clarity Stamp Challenge blog is New Beginings so I made this New Home card.
I created a mask for the window both the shape of it and the inside cut out and a mask for the cat, all from post it notes. Using the Gelli plate I created a background, loading up the plate with a pale yellow first, then placing a dotty stencil on it and I put the mask of the window shape in place before pulling the first print. For the second print I loaded up with blue paint and stamped the swirls into it either side of where the window was going to be. Once I had my background I stamped out the cat, masked him off and stamped the window into the empty space, then masked off the window and stamped the trees. I realised then that the cat was levitating lol so I used some post it notes and made him a shelf to sit on. The window and frame are coloured with a mixture of Copic and Spectrum Noir pens and then I used clear embossing powder to “glaze” the windows. I cut the card down so it would fit the scalloped card with a matted border layer. I then stamped out the New Home tiles onto a spare piece of the Gelli plate background and stuck them on the card.
First of all I would like to wish all my followers a very happy and healthy 2014. We had a very quiet Hogmanay this year so I was able to do some crafting before the bells and here is the result from 2 angles (ok so I finished a little of it off this morning )
I had seen a lamp similar on the web somewhere, quite a while ago now, and I decided I wanted to make one so I took a couple of bits of card and stamped them with the small flowers from a set of Chocolate Baroque stamps (sadly no longer available but Sunny Sunflowers would work) using versamark ink, then I embossed them. I repeated the process with a diferent flower and used mica powders on them. I then made a template (actually to be fair my Bestie made the template for me!) and cut out all the pieces and decorated them. On the acetate for the shade I stamped more of the flowers and coloured them with alcohol pens. I do wish I could get a decent “lit up” picture as the light shining through the flowers is so cool!
The theme for the challenge over at Clarity Stamp Challenge blog this month is Winter so I decided to create this snowglobe card, I made my own stencil for the snowglobe from a file cover.
I wrote instructions in order to put it on a site I belong to called Instructables, you can see them here.I would love it if you went and voted for me in the competition over there (you have to become a member to vote but that is free) There are all sorts of instructables on that site, just check it out – not only crafty stuff but pretty much anything you can imagine!
I saw this Take it Make it challenge via a link on Hels Sheridan’s blog and thought I would have a go at the splatter thing. It is quite a while since I had a play just for the sake of it so I really enjoyed making this. I covered a canvas with tissue paper and then painted it (once dry) with Distress Paint and added some distress stain to make the splatters. I used gilding wax on the folds of the tissue paper to highlight them a little. The stamp I used for the raindrops is from Designs by Ryn (I just love this stamp!) and the sentiment is from Sheena Douglas. I got to play with my Melt pot too, I made the flowers and leaves from an old book using the tattered floral and tattered garland dies with distress ink and then they got a dunking in some clear UTEE.
Its time for a new challenge over at the Crafty Bloggers Network Challenge blog and this month we are sponsored by the talented Rick St Denis who has a whole range of digital stamps to suit almost everyone.
Here is my DT card
Rick St Denis digi stamp: North Pole Coloured with Copics
Gold Mirror card